I was charged and released on a ‘Promise to Appear’, what do I do next?
AIf you have been charged, and the police release you with a promise to appear, you must contact a lawyer for a consultation. Depending on the jurisdiction you were arrested in, you may have two dates on the Promise to Appear form. One date will be the date you go into the police station and give your fingerprints and the second date will be your first appearance date.
What is a first appearance date and what happens this day?
AOn your first appearance date, you will receive your initial disclosure from the Crown’s office, and your matter will be adjourned approximately four weeks in order for your lawyer to conduct a Crown Pre Trial.
What is a Crown Pre-Trial?
AA Crown Pre-Trial is a meeting between the Crown assigned to your case and your lawyer. In most cases, the Crown and your lawyer will try negotiating to resolve the matter.

How long will my case take to complete?
AThis question really depends on what the circumstances and charges are. Some cases can be resolved within a few weeks, and some matters can take over a year.
What are your charges for taking on my case?
AEvery case is unique, and the price will depend on the circumstances of the case.

Service Areas

Criminal Lawyer Brampton

Criminal Lawyer Toronto

Criminal Lawyer Milton